Thursday, March 22, 2012

Bugs, Bugs, BUGS!!

We are little entomologists in our classroom this week.  We are working hard and having a blast studying insects!  The kids are loving it!  We are using Deanna Jump's Insect unit from TPT and other activities we have done throughout the years!  We are basically doing an insect a day.  Today.....ants!
We started by reading this book by Melvin Berger.
We made this chart with all of the information we learned!

The children created their ant!

We filled in the blank for their ant.
We read this precious book by Phillip and Hannah Hoose. It talks about a boy who likes to step on ants and tells a story through the ants perspective as well as the boys.  It leaves you hanging with a question.  Should the boy step on the ant?

The children wrote their answers!


It was very cute!
Tomorrow....I'll bring you our bee fun!
I have our word family ant hills all ready to go.  The kids will write words from each family to add to our ant hills.  I have a book that they will complete later in the week.


7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I love that writing craftivity! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your writing / head activity- so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling project with the boy and the glasses. I will jot this one down for future use!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Tonia
    mrsvento.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to link to your "Hey, Little Ant" project on my blog. I made tracers for it. Please, reply or email me at ericabohrer@gmail.com.
    Thanks so much!
    Erica Bohrer's First Grade

    ReplyDelete